Friday, December 4, 2009

Thank You Cards



“Every blessing you pour out, I’ll turn back to praise // and when the darkness closes in // Still I will say // blessed be the Name of the Lord. ~ Matt Redmond

Tonight while playing this song on my guitar I began to really think about these words. Every blessing. Watching my three littlest siblings, two of whom just turned one, singing this song, I contemplated how many of my blessings I actually turn into praises to my God. Sixty percent? Fifty Percent? ummm, 25 percent? maybe?

I look at the huge blessings in my life, such as the twins and my nine other siblings, but so many things pass me by every day, unnoticed. When we receive a gift, say for a birthday, we will usually write a thank you to the person who remembered us on our day. But God remembers us every day of every year, yet how many times do we stop to write Him a thank you card?

Although Thanksgiving has come and gone, let’s still remember the blessings God has poured down on us, and not only remember them, but turn them into praise!

“Let the high praises of the Lord be in their mouth.” Psalm 149:6

“Rejoice in the Lord, you righteous, And give thanks at the remembrance of His Holy name.” Psalm 97:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments. And not just nice ones.Comment away...