Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Colored Pencils and Me




So. I'm facing the fact that I'm an adult.

And that I'm have to make decisions that might affect how my "picture" turns out.

When I was little I had a obsession with sharp colored pencils. If they were sharp I had to use them. Ok. I'll admit I still do. But I also was one of those "realistic" colorers. Everything I colored had to be true to life. I think that still affects me today, some kids were like "Who cares if the turkey has purple feathers?" I worried when I didn't have the perfect color for a subject.

Now I worry that I might not have the perfect job for my life, or the perfect relationship with the Lord, etc. etc. the list can go on. Remember when you weren't sure if a color was the right one? So you'd make a little scribble on the side of the page to test it out? I hated that.... but sometimes you have to try things. Those scribbles on the side of the page don't have to ruin your picture, it could make it more artistic. I live in fear of trying something that might not be right for me. Or trying something that I'm not 100% sure is Gods will.

I'm not saying that we should go and try everything, and not seek Him for it. But at times I think He wants us to go forward, learn new things, and step back to decide if this is the color we want our "picture" to be.

The Lord didn't mean for life to be all one color! Let's learn to color with the pencils we have, but have fun doing it.

So here's to coloring with Jesus! Don't miss out.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Kelley! I really appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments. And not just nice ones.Comment away...