Friday, May 25, 2012

{Up Ahead - Noteworthy Quotes | Personal}

{Taken at the Johnson Shut-Ins, Lesterville, MO}

"Ain't you thinkin' what's it gonna be like when we get there? Ain't you scared it won't be nice like we thought?"


"No," she said quickly. "No, I ain't. You can't do that. It's too much - livin' too many lives. Up ahead they's a thousand lives we might live, but when it comes, it'll only be one. If I go ahead on all of 'em, it's too much." 
{The Grapes of Wrath, Stienbeck} 



Live here, in this moment, because living in the future is too much unnecessary work. Live now, be all present in this moment, enjoy this moment, worry about this moment only.

Let Jesus carry the burdens of the future, because He is so much better at it. Live just this one life that is before you.


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." {Matthew 11:28-30}


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments. And not just nice ones.Comment away...